The Club was founded in 1921 with the donation of a small hut from the YMCA. It was then expanded into the building we know today by the hard work and dedication of its youth leaders, volunteers and private donations. The Club has always been an important part of the local community and many older people remember the Club fondly and have great memories of coming to activities here. That was of course, in the days when there was not the array of entertainment around today. The Board in 2009 made the decision to try to restore the Club to its former glory and now, the Club is thriving, with around 35 different groups using the Club, over 850 regular users and many volunteers supporting its activities. Our Football Club and Table Tennis Club have survived and are thriving thanks to the dedication of its volunteer coaches and now provides activities for youngsters from 8 years old right up to adults.