Health and wellbeing
Not sure where to start your wellness journey?
Let us help!
Choose an Activity
Find an activity that suits you the most. Not sure what to choose? then try a few ones until you find the best option for you. Just make sure it brings you joy yet a good workout. Contact individual teachers to find out more about trial classes, check more details in the Activities section of our website.
Check out our wellness library with books on lots of topic to support your overall wellbeing.
Join social or support groups at North Merchiston Club; we have Social Table Tennis; there is also Andy's Man club and independent therapists who use our Therapy Room as their base.
Take time to unwind
Come to Café 48 and have a good coffee or tea and take time to rest.
Our Therapy Room is available to book for a wide range of treatments and services. Book it today via Room Hire section of this website.
£3 per session.
Friendly and welcoming class to improve your health and wellbeing.
ASK DAD @
NORTH MERCHISTON CLUB, 5:00-6:30PM THURSDAYS
The friendly, informal group for all parents and carers that especially welcomes dads.
A chance for parents/carers to get together, share experiences, make new friends and catch up with old while gaining new skills that every parent needs as their children grow up.
· All sessions are free of charge
· Informal discussions and practical advice
· Share your parenting skills and experience
· Feel part of the community
· Find new ways to have good conversations about challenging topics
· Discuss and learn about issues that affect you and your children’s wellbeing
Here are some subjects that Ask Dad has covered with parents across the city:
· Supporting young people with anxiety and school related stress
· Young people and tobacco, vaping, e-cigarettes and nicotine addiction
· Young people and drugs and alcohol
· Puberty, sex, relationships, consent and porn
· Raising children and teens with confidence
· Drink spiking – what we can do to protect all young people
· Dads and daughters – how men can support their daughters through puberty and periods and what we need to teach our sons
…or any other issue that is relevant to you and your relationship with your child/young person.
Explore embodied awareness through
Group class is an excellent way to learn the basics of body and mind balance through AT: getting individual hands-on guidance to start the journey of healing from chronic pain, changing harmful habits and building emotional resilience.
Wednesday mornings 11am
First class FREE. Come try it out.
£12 per session / 5-class bundle £50.
Register here: www.bodymindintegrity.com/contact
Creative Connection Club
Creative Connection Club is an arty space where we can meet with other people and be creative alongside each other. No pressure, just fun times.
Bring your own materials, ideas, Projects! Whether your creativity involves doodling in a notebook, knitting a jumper, painting, or writing a poem, everyone is welcome! Even if you don't have any ideas yet, come along, bring some materials and get inspired!
This arts meet-up doesn't require any previous experience, skill or talent. Just come and have some fun creating! We'll also have some prompts to get us started.
Please register for the event so that we know how many people to expect. Voluntary donations at the door are welcome to help us cover the room hire (suggested donation: £2).
We have an Eventbrite page were people can register : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/creative-connection-club-tickets-511202780277